How To Style Beach Pants
I am always looking for other options to wear on the bottom outside of denim. I remember getting so excited over the women’s paper bag trend in pants, shorts and skirts that took place a couple of years ago. It is something we are still seeing styled! So I am equally embracing and getting excited over beach pants making its way over to everyday fashion.
Obviously not just for the beach anymore, beach pants can easily be styled a few different ways to achieve an easy, relaxed everyday look! Images of walking down the streets of St. Tropez come to find when I envision styling this look. A basic white tee, fitted tank, bodysuit or summer knit sweater are great options for on top. Accessories can play a powerful yet subtle role.
A canvas clutch or tote, woven hobo or straw bag are effortlessly on point pairings. Seashell jewelry is a current trend that would be a natural choice to wear with beach pants. I personally love to layer delicate gold jewelry with summertime looks. Unless you are truly at the beach in these pants, I would avoid wearing flip-flops with beach pants and instead opt for a wrap sandal or simple flat sandal.
Beach Pants Styles
There is absolutely a variety of beach pant styles to consider. I am rounding up some of my favorites here:
- Flowy Beach Pants are perfect for hot days! I have these ones and I love them. There are open slits on the side that allow for airflow. Because they are a little on the transparent side, I would pair them with a bodysuit.
- White Beach Pants are the ultimate in summer chic! I love a monochromatic look. A white summer knit, linen button down or again a bodysuit are great choices for on top. White beach pants are a great option for dressing up in the evening as well, paired with a summer wedge and a statement necklace. Black beach pants work well into this styling too!
- Drawstring Beach Pants are the most versatile option and just about anything goes on top!
- Beach Palazzo Pants are always on point to wear in the summer! They are perfect to wear to a pool party, an al fresco lunch, or for perusing your local farmer’s market. This style is so comfortable (like wearing your pajamas comfortable!) yet somehow always manages to look effortlessly chic!
- Jogger Beach Pants are perfect for running around in every day! These are the only ones I would consider wearing with a sneaker.
Striped Beach Pants Outfit
Striped Drawstring Beach Pants
Right now I am having a love affair with the striped drawstring beach pant or more aptly called, the seaside pant! I am seeing a nice assortment of them right now! I got these ones on sale here. There is still availability! I am wearing a women’s size small for a more loose fit but could have sized down and been fine as well!
V-Neck White Tee
This v-neck white tee has been hands down my favorite women’s basic I have found so far this season! I love it because it can be dressed up or down! And the quality of it far exceeds the price!
White Summer Sandals
A good everyday women’s white summer sandal can be a hard find I think. Queue in these Hermes dupes I found. I love them! They are incredibly comfortable and versatile!
I think I am going on three years now that I have owned this clutch. I love it for summer on its own or to add to another bag for an easy grab and go!
Photos by Jules Kennedy
Thanks for stopping by!